Effective Date: March 20, 2020
The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our” as applicable) owns and operates the https://www.azmasoniclibrary.org/ website (including any subdomains and mobile versions of each, a “Site,” and collectively, the “Sites”), as well as our mobile application (the “Application”). The Application and Sites, along with other George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum activities and platforms are collectively referred to as the “Services.” We recognize that visitors to our Sites and Application may be concerned about the information they provide to us, and how we treat that information. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that information. By using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect several different types of information that are unique to you for various purposes to provide and improve our Services to you.
Information You Give Us
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address;
- First name and last name;
- Phone number;
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City;
- Credit Card information;
- Date of Birth; and
- Any information that may deanonymize you.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect this information from a wide range of other sources in order to provide you the Services. One way we obtain such information is from groups who provide us with additional personally identifiable information in exchange for some of the personal identifiable information that we maintain. Accordingly, on occasion, The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum shares some of the personally identifiable information it collects with other groups whose products or programs we think you may appreciate. You can ask that your name be omitted from such sharing by The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
We may also collect information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit our Services or when you access the Services by or through a mobile device. This may include information such as:
- The name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using and/or the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- The type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system;
- The website that referred you to our Sites;
- The date and time you access the Sites, the length of your stay, and the specific pages that you access while visiting the Sites; and/or
- The type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We use this information to monitor the usage of our Services, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on the Services. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns, such as surveying webpage duration, and other data in an aggregated and individualized manner.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our Services, to improve and customize our Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time by way of your device settings.
How We Use Personal Information
As non-limiting examples, we use the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Providing the features, event information, educational materials, products and services you request and that we offer: We may use the information we collect about you to fulfill your requests for, and enable your use of, our features, event information, educational materials, products and services.
- To Request Support: We may use the information we collect about you to solicit funds and other forms of support for The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum.
- Registration and promotions: We may use your information to register you for certain features, event information, educational materials, products and services in line with your marketing preferences.
- To communicate with you and provide you with information: We may use your information to communicate with you, to respond to your questions or comments, to provide you with updates and news, or to alert you when opportunities that fit your profile arise (in the event that you seek such opportunities or ask for certain information). We also may use your information to provide you with personalized content and information, and to send you brochures, samples, offers, and other information concerning The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum and its partners.
- When we perform our obligations under a contract with you: We may use your information when you have a contract with us, for example, if you work for us either as a volunteer, employee or a service provider or apply for a job with us as necessary in connection with your contract of employment or services agreement. If you are a volunteer, customer, client, or a user of our services, we will use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations under the contract that we have with you.
- To deliver to you relevant marketing materials: We may purchase and use personal identifiable information to contact individuals who we believe may be interested in products or services from The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum. We will honor opt-out requests and you can ask that your name be omitted from such delivery by sending an email to email@example.com with your request. We also may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising related to The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum’s products and services to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This is designed so that users will see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers can display their ads to people who are most likely to be receptive. The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum may contract with third-party vendors and share information that is unique to you in order to deliver relevant marketing information to you. The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum may also contract with third party vendors and share your personally identifiable information so that separate entities with whom we have a relationship can deliver relevant marketing information to you.
- To provide you with other offers: Sometimes we will make offers and information available to you through the mail. For example, when customers sign up to receive information online we may add them to the list to receive information by mail.
- To conduct research and development and to improve our Services: We may use the information that we collect to improve The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum’s offerings, services, as well as our websites and features.
- To comply with legal requirements: We may use the information that we collect to comply with legal requirements, including based on representations we make to appropriate government entities.
We will store your information only for as long as we need to use your information for the above purposes.
Credit Card Information Security
The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum uses 256-bit encryption and the https security protocol to communicate with your browser software. This method is the industry standard security protocol, which makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Companies we work with to process credit card transactions also use 256-bit encryption and security protocols. The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum collects credit card information solely to complete a single transaction. The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum does not store complete credit card information.
When you interact with the Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
We utilize email tracking systems that provide us with data such as who opened or forwarded an email, the time it was opened, and whether the reader clicked certain links within the email.
Analytics and Targeted Advertising
We, as well as third-party vendors acting on our behalf (such as Google or Facebook), may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies), tracking pixels, and scripting techniques and third-party cookies (such as the WordPress cookie), tracking pixels, and scripting techniques to gather anonymous analytics and statistics about our Services and how they are being used by our visitors so we can improve our Services. Our web server storage logs may collect the domain names, internet protocol addresses, the types of web browsers, and certain data of visitors to the website.
Data about your activities online may be collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests, either by us, our affiliates, or third parties. We may work with third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve advertisements across the internet and may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of these ads on third party websites and viewing of ads and of our content.
We and these third-party vendors, including Google, may use third-party technologies (such as a Facebook Custom Audience Pixel) together with our own first party technologies in order to analyze ad impressions, your use of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services. The information collected may also include information about your visits to our Sites and Application, including the pages you have viewed and what content you have seen. These third-party tracking technologies may be set to, among other things: (a) help deliver advertisements to you that you might be interested in; (b) prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times; and (c) understand the effectiveness of the advertisements that have been delivered to you.
You can opt out of certain advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt out page at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/, by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page at https://www.aboutads.info/choices. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit Google’s Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Please note, at this time we do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
How We Store Your Information
Personal information received by The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum from you or third parties may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our service providers maintain facilities.
How We Share Your Information
Information about our donors, partners, visitors, associates, customers and users is an important part of our operations. We share personal information only as described below.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; and
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals, such as contractors, vendors, or distributors, including social media and additional websites to facilitate our Services, provide the Services on our behalf, perform Services-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Services are or should be used (“Service Providers”). These third parties have access to information that is unique to you only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose to third parties or use it for any other purpose and are additionally required to keep it confidential.
As explained above, occasionally The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum shares information that is unique to you with third parties and we may also utilize other, relevant personal information collected in digital offerings provided by us, our partners, or our agents.
Merger or Sale
If we sell all or part of our operations, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our operations The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, if any, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to the contact information provided below. California law permits residents of California to opt-out of The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to the contact information provided below. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made by us for non-marketing purposes.
How We Secure Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use reasonable efforts to protect your personally identifiable information collected, used, stored, shared, or transferred as part of our Services from access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. Please understand, however, that no transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse such as by maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information.
Retention of Personal Information
Links to Other Websites
Children’s Online Privacy
The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum respects the privacy of children, and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If we learn that a child under 13 has provided Personal Information to us without verification of parental consent, we will take commercially reasonable steps to delete that information. If you are under 16 years of age and reside in the European Union, you must provide an email address for your parent or legal guardian before you provide Personal Information to us. Before collecting and processing your Personal Information, The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum must receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s express consent. and we will not collect additional Personal Information from you, until we receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent. Your parent or legal guardian may revoke consent at any time, and The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum will take reasonable steps to delete all Personal Information collected from you. The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum will also provide your parent or legal guardian with the ability to request to review your Personal Information, prohibit further collection of your Personal Information, and delete, or instruct the deletion of, your Personal Information.
Notice to Non-U.S. Users
As the Internet is a global environment, collecting and processing Personal Information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including into and/or outside of the United States. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
If you reside in the European Union, you have certain rights under the European Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), including:
- The right to be informed of the Personal Information we collect and how we process and use that data;
- The right to request access to your Personal Information;
- The right to request that inaccurate Personal Information be rectified, or completed if incomplete;
- The right to request erasure of your Personal Information;
- The right to restrict our processing or use of your Personal Information;
- The right to obtain and reuse your Personal Information for your own purposes;
- The right to object to our processing or transferring your Personal Information;
- The right to withdraw your consent for us to use your Personal Information; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority under the GDPR.
In response to receiving a request for one of the rights set forth above, The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum will timely comply with the request within the time periods set forth in the GDPR for each right. Several of the above rights are not absolute and apply only in certain circumstances. The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum will comply with requests for those rights as set forth in the GDPR. We are intent on resolving any issues relating to our handling of your Personal Information, and you may contact us at any time regarding any questions or concerns.
On occasion, we may make certain decisions about you based on automated processing of your Personal Information. For example, we may use LexisNexis for analysis, marketing and potential donor interactions.
By Mail: The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum
345 West Monroe Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
By Phone: 30-846-4663
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
What Cookies Do We Use and Why
We use the following cookies: strictly necessary cookies, preference/functional cookies, performance cookies, advertising cookies, and analytics cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Sites and use their features. These are temporary cookies that last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation on our Sites. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
Preference/Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to save and remember information about you that is already entered, in order to personalize the Sites for you based on your preferences and selections. Loss of information stored in a preference cookie may make the website experience less functional but should not prevent it from working.
Performance cookies: These cookies help enhance your experience when using our Sites by making them work and deliver services that you expect, such as navigating around our Sites’ pages or accessing secure areas of the Sites.
Advertising cookies: We use these cookies to make advertising more engaging to our users. When visiting our Sites, data about you and your online activities is collected and subsequently used to provide targeted ads. These ads are tailored to your individual interests, either by us, our affiliates, or third-parties. Some common applications of these cookies are to select advertising based on what is relevant to you and to avoid showing ads you have already seen.
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies
If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Sites from placing further cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
How to Contact Us
By Mail: The George Roskruge & S. Barry Casey Library and Museum
345 West Monroe Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
By Phone: 630-846-4663
By Email: email@example.com